League of Geofictional Nations (AGL)
The League of Geofictional Nations (Aardse Geofictieve Liga in Dutch, la Ligue des Nations Géofictionnelles in French) is a fictional international organisation for fictional countries on Earth created on 2 March 1986 by members of the Dutch Geofiction Association. Its main purpose is to improve the cooperation between some smaller, non-aligned countries on earth. Internationally, the Dutch abbreviation AGL is used. The organisation's head quarters (the Secretariate) are located in the Cilogian capital of Prisce.
Currently, the AGL has ten member states. Countries that apply for membership may first be granted associated membership for the time of at least one year.
- Channel Islands - full member since 19 March 2016
- Chimor - full member since 13 September 2009
- Cilogia - full member since 2 March 1986 (founding member)
- Île de Romanhe - full member since 13 September 2009
- Insulantis - full member since 11 April 2009
- Issel - full member since 13 September 2009
- Kronenburg - full member since 31 July 1999
- Marckonia - full member from 2 March 1986 until 1 January 2004 and since 13 September 2009 (founding member)
- Palana - full member since 8 July 2012
- Pannonia - full member since 4 March 2018
- Voskia - full member since 23 July 2013
The Conference is the highest organ of the AGL. It convenes at least twice a year and consists of the delegations of the member states, mostly headed by the government leaders and the foreign affairs ministers. The Conference takes decisions based on article 12 of the Treaty of Aralethe (the AGL founding treaty) concerning the implementation of the tasks and obligations that were given to the AGL in its treaties.
The AGL Secretariate is located in the Cilogian capital of Prisce and is headed by the League's Secretary General, who is appointed for a four year term by the Conference. His or her mandate is twice renewable. Since 6 September 2012, the Secretary General has been the former Marckonian prime minister Heidi Ankerskjöld.
Secretaries General of the AGL:
|#||Secretary General||took office||left office||country|
|3||Adolfo Cruzes||1992||1994||São Antonio|
|5||Fön ei Sörsce Wuirgitt||1996||2000||Cilogia|
|6||Mahtbod Adalreþson||2000||6 August 2000||Engary|
|7||Marij Ühler acting until 6 January 2001||6 August 2000||27 July 2003||Kronenburg|
|Mical Arrei acting||27 July 2003||11 January 2004||Cilogia|
|8||Antonio C. da Silva Xiveiras||11 January 2004||11 January 2008||São Antonio|
|9||Johan Achterberg||11 January 2008||19 February 2008||Kronenburg|
|10||Karen Damgaard acting until 6 September 2008||23 February 2008||6 September 2012||Norland|
|11||Heidi Ankerskjöld||6 September 2012||6 September 2016||Marckonia|
|12||Not Curschellas||6 September 2016||incumbent||Voskia|
Suborganisations and institutes
- The AEGU is the economical institute of the AGL.
- EnerGeo is the AGL's energy institute.
- MIE is concerned with environment research in the member states.
- The Ylieen-Centre is the cultural organisation of the AGL.
- The AGL Investment Bank.
- The GCCS is concerned with the organisation of sport activities between the member states.
- The Cultural Capital of the AGL
- The AGL Games (every four years)
- The AGL Soccer Championships (every four years)
AGL homepage (in Dutch, but with a small explanatory secion in English)