Guelphian Quarterly, winter 2013
Guelphian voters ratify FICT treaty
From Sunday Guelphian, Sunday, 23 June 2013
In an overwhelming endorsement of the Forum for International Cooperation and Trade (FICT), voters have approved the accession of Guelphia to the Ísðor Treaty. With final numbers now tallied, 62.58% of voters approved the treaty, clearing the way for the King to give his assent to the treaty in the coming days. Voter turnout was a respectable 90.65%, indicating the widespread approval of the treaty and effective campaign by sides to encourage a large turnout.
It is expected that an extraordinary meeting of the Executive Council will be held on Monday to allow His Majesty to formally give his assent, allowing Guelphia to formally take its place in FICT in the coming days.
FICT treaty ratified, Ambassador named
From Guelphian Gazette, Monday, 24 June 2013
The KING'S Most Excellent Majesty in Council.
WHEREAS at Ashtinok on the fourth day of May, two thousand and thirteen, the Ísðor Treaty (hereinafter referred to as "the Treaty") was signed on behalf of His Majesty:
And whereas by the Ísðor Treaty (Ratification) Act, 2013, it was provided that His Majesty might make such appointments, establish such offices, make such Orders in Council and do such things as appeared to Him to be necessary for carrying out the Treaty, and for giving effect to any of the provisions of the Treaty, and that any Order in Council made under that Act might provide for the imposition by summary process or otherwise of penalties in respect of breaches of the provisions thereof:
And whereas the Treaty contained the provisions set out in the 'Schedule to this Order', and it is expedient that for giving effect thereto the provisions hereinafter contained should have effect:
And whereas by Treaty, grant, usage, sufferance, or other lawful means His Majesty has power and jurisdiction in Guelphia:
Now, therefore, His Majesty, by and with the advice of His Executive Council, is pleased to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows: —
1. The provisions of the Treaty set-out in the Schedule to this Order shall have full force and effect as law, and for the purpose of carrying out those provisions the following provisions shall have effect:—
- (i) The Secretary General of the Conference shall be informed hencewith that Guelphia has ratified the Treaty.
- (ii) His Majesty is pleased to appoint to the Conference of Ambassadors Our trusty and well-beloved Cousin William, Baron Dequincy, in the character of Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Guelphia.
2. This Order shall be deemed to have come into operation as from the date when the Ísðor Treaty came into force, that is to say, the twenty-fourth day of June, two thousand and thirteen.
3. This Order may be cited as the Ísðor Treaty Order, 2013.
Given at Our Court at Kingsbury Palace this twenty-fourth day of June in the year of our Lord two thousand and thirteen in the seventeenth year of Our Reign.
GOD SAVE THE KING