FICT General Assembly of November 19, 2017
The tenth General Assembly of the Forum for International Cooperation and Trade (FICT) is the tenth meeting of that body. It is scheduled to be held on 19 November 2017 in Porto Amargo.
Chairperson: the Secretary General, Ms Muwat Shonshuu Yusuuf (Harrawi).
- Opening and welcome
- Approval of the agenda
- the general situation within all the institutions of FICT, what are they doing and how well
- The annual updating of the statistics
- FICT Games 2019
- Any other business
- Scheduling of the next General Assembly
- Closing of the meeting/Closing Dinner
3 The general situation within all the institutions of FICT
It turns out that FSIB has been doing nothing for some time, apart from receiving money; the director Mr Luc Pálssœn (Yukland) explained that FSIB hasn't invested in any social programs because it was waiting for policy approval by the General Assembly and that the bank is saving money for future use. Mr Pálssœn claims that the money FSIB received was applied for the benefit of the organisation and for future use; lending the money to several countries without any guarantee of social usage is not the purpose of the bank, according to him. Several delegations disagree with him and claim that the support of social projects within the member states is the aim of the bank. Under the previous director, Mr Germain Karg (Île de Romanhe), investments were however made. The Voskian delegation proposed a full audit of FSIB to see what is going on, but only half of the delegations agreed to this motion, claiming that saving money is not why FSIB exists. Questions are asked why Mr Pálssœn is waiting for the GA to develop a policy, and why the GA hasn't checked on its organisations more often; if the latter had happened, this situation would have been discovered sooner. The delegations of MAS and Île de Romanhe threaten to withdraw their contribution to the bank if there will be no investigation.
The following motions are filed:
1a). MAS moves to investigate the functioning of FSIB and its director, Mr Pálssœn.
- In favour: MAS, Île de Romanhe, Voskia, New Courland
- Against: Pannonia, Amargo, Guelphia, Yutyrama
- Abstains: Adzhatia, Harrawi, Kaupelan, Yukland, Tarmorya
1b). Yutyrama moves to investigate the functioning of FSIB (but not its director).
- In favour: Pannonia, Amargo, Guelphia, Yutyrama
- Against: MAS, Île de Romanhe, Voskia, New Courland
- Abstains: Adzhatia, Harrawi, Kaupelan, Yukland, Tarmorya
The first vote - to decide which of these motions would be put to the vote - ended in a tie. The chairwoman, Ms Shonshuu, broke it by voting for 1a:
1). MAS moves to investigate the functioning of FSIB and its director, Mr Pálssœn.
- In favour: New Courland, Voskia, Adzhatia, MAS, Île de Romanhe
- Against: Amargo, Yutyrama, Yukland, Tarmorya, Guelphia
- Abstains: Pannonia, Harrawi, Kaupelan
Another tie, so the chairwoman votes in favour. The motion is accepted.
2). Adzhatia moves to investigate the relation between FICT and its organisations.
- In favour: Adzhatia, Guelphia, Yutyrama, Kaupelan, New Courland, MAS, Harrawi
- Against: Amargo, Île de Romanhe, Yukland, Tarmorya, Voskia
- Abstains: Pannonia
The motion is accepted.
FSTE, FSTS, and FSSC
Due to the nature of the second motion, addressing the other organisations will be postponed to the next GA.
4 The annual updating of the statistics
The member states are asked to publish their annual statistics in January 2018.
5 FICT Games 2019
The election of the organizing country. There are two candidates:
- Harrawi: Harrawi, New Courland, Amargo, Île de Romanhe, Tarmorya, Yukland
- MAS: Voskia, Adzhatia, Guelphia, Pannonia, MAS, Kaupelan, Yutyrama
The 2019 FICT Games will be held in MAS.
6 Any other business
The possibility of designing a new logo for FICT is discussed. The matter is not urgent and all have the opportunity to present a new design when they want.
7 Scheduling of the next General Assembly
- Adzhatia: prime minister Ŕanije Erijeź and foreign minister Feliks Balakśin
- Amargo: prime minister Isabel Jameson, foreign minister Richard van Eyk
- Guelphia: prime minister Matthew Jones and foreign minister Colin Perrott
- Harrawi: prime minister Ashon Pary and foreign minister Ibreu Saashoon
- Île de Romanhe: president Aristide Faroz-Zaran and Prime Minister Mervin Urzine
- Kaupelan: prime minister Sindi Wisnumatan; ambassador Alwisyu Tanwahu
- Maysoran, Algheran and Shaoran: president Oliver Keridavian and prime minister Salman Faruq
- New Courland: prime minister Laila Miró-Rozenberga and foreign minister Andrejs Berķis
- Pannonia: prime minister Roman Tannenbaum, foreign minister Beate Freud
- Tarmorya: foreign minister Didier Basqri
- Voskia: prime minister Luçia Apavia and foreign minister Hasan Aliçka
- Yukland: prime minister Helga Blœmagarð; foreign minister Veronika Ékyr
- Yutyrama: president Ceci Pyrãcé; foreign minister Hélio Yparaguoju
|Council Meetings and General Assemblies of FICT|
|1. Council Meeting of April 4, 2012 (Dhram Ɖú) · 2. Council Meeting of June 26-28, 2012 (Ísðor) · Special General Assembly of January 19, 2013 (Purikali) · 3. General Assembly of May 4, 2013 (Ashtinok) · 4. General Assembly of May 3, 2014 (Port de Boiguehenneuc) · 5. General Assembly of May 2, 2015 (Kingsbury) · 6. General Assembly of November 7, 2015 (Porto da Mata) · 7. General Assembly of May 7, 2016 (Bizet) · 8. General Assembly of November 5, 2016 (Divis) · 9. General Assembly of May 6, 2017 (Vítgarð) · 10. General Assembly of November 19, 2017 (Amargo) · 11. General Assembly of May 12, 2018 (Louise Charlotte) · 12. General Assembly of November 11, 2018 (Oryaa) · 13. General Assembly of May 11, 2019 (Purikali) · 14. General Assembly of November 10, 2019 (Kercei) · 15. General Assembly of May 3, 2020 (virtual meeting) · 16. General Assembly of November 8, 2020 (Port de Boiguehenneuc).|